Everything you need to know about the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Apple declared the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus to be one of the best and most advanced iPhones to date when they were released in 2016. It had new cameras, the best battery life an iPhone has ever had, and it was the first to introduce water and dust resistance. So, if we fast forward to today, is the iPhone 7 still a worthwhile purchase?
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- 12-megapixel camera with image stabilisation, a bigger f/1.8 aperture, and a 6-element lens, which allows for brighter, more detailed photographs and videos.
- Available in 5 colours: Black, Gold, Silver, Rose Gold and Red
- A10 Bionic chip was the most powerful chip available at the time, with the best battery life ever seen in an iPhone, so you'll get a decent performance (by the way, this chip was also used in the 2019 7th generation iPad!).
- Stereo speakers were included to provide incredible, immersive sounds and a high-quality speakerphone.
- It was also the first to be water and dust resistant, which means it can with stand splashes, rain, and even a brief submersion in water.
- One of the last iPhones to include the finger-print button (we miss you!). The button is designed to be durable and responsive, with tactile feedback that can be customised.
- Support iOS 15, Apple's most recent operating system, which includes a bunch of new features like focus mode as well as updates to safari, weather and the pictures app, among others. It is also compatible with AirPods and Apple watches.
- The screen is also much smaller than the newest iPhone models, making it ideal for small hands or one-handed use.
Differences of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- The iPhone 7 plus features the same camera as the iPhone 7, but it also holds a 12 megapixel telephoto camera that increases depth of field and provides 2x optical and 10x digital zoom for images.
The difference between digital zoom vs optical zoom? To put it simply, optical zoom enables a camera to achieve a close-up of the subject without physically moving towards it. Digital zoom will crop the entire image and then digitally enlarge the viewfinder size.
- The bodies of the phones are identical, but the iPhone 7 Plus is slightly larger and heavier with an enhanced retina display.
- One hour battery improvement in performance.
- Thanks to the updates, the iPhone 7 Plus now has portrait mode.
Features of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
The iPhone 7 can perform a number of impressive tasks, including:
- Magnifying glass. Press the home button three times to activate, you will see a slider to control the zoom and an optional flashlight for getting closer to things in the dark!
- Transcribe your voicemails so you don't have time to listen to them.
- Open the camera with Siri. Shout “Take a selfie” to Siri and it will automatically open the front camera, handy! Siri can now also control the rear camera ("shoot a picture" or "record a video"), which comes in useful when you're wearing gloves and can't find the right button.
- If you tap the edit button on any image in the Photos app, find the symbol that looks like three dots in a circle – this will give you the opportunity to start creating on your photos! Perfect when you’re in the creative mood.
Specifications of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
|iPhone 7||iPhone 7 Plus|
|4.7" Retina HD Display||5.5” Retina HD Display|
|12MP Wide Angle Lens|
7MP Front Camera
|12MP Telephoto & Wide Angle Lens|
7MP Front Camera
|5x Digital Zoom||2x Optical Zoom|
10x Digital Zoom
|A10 Bionic Chip||A10 Bionic Chip|
|13 Hours of Playback||14 Hours of Playback|
(1 metre for up to 30 minutes)
(1 metre for up to 30 minutes)
|Touch ID||Touch ID|
|Apple Pay||Apple Pay|
|iOS 15 compatible||iOS 15 compatible|
|Stereo Speakers||Stereo Speakers|
Which iPhone 7 should I buy?
You're probably wondering at this point whether to purchase the 7 or the 7 plus. This is largely a matter of personal taste and affordability. If you're looking for a low-cost, compact iPhone that performs all basic functions, the 7 is ideal! If you're looking for something with a little more oomph, the iPhone 7 Plus is larger and offers minor upgrades such as two cameras, optical zoom, and a one-hour battery boost.
Each of our refurbished iPhones undergoes a thorough inspection by an independent professional body to ensure the phones we sell are of the highest quality. We are so confident in the quality of our products that we offer a 21-day money back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
Fun apps for your iPhone 7
|Foursquare City Guide||Adobe Lightroom||ProCam 8||Launcher|
|Foursquare City Guide will lead you to the perfect spot -- anywhere in the world. Get helpful, positive tips from their global community and keep track of where you've been and where you want to go, all in one place.||Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free, powerful photo editor and camera app that empowers you to capture and edit stunning images.||From full manual control to shooting RAW, ProCam offers unparalleled quality with DSLR-like camera functionality and full featured photo/video editing.||Launcher 5 allows you to customise your home screen in ways you never could before. On iOS 15 Launcher brings its powerful widgets to your iPhone screens.|