Everything you need to know about the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Apple labelled the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which were released in 2017 alongside the iPhone X, 'a new generation of iPhone', but what makes the iPhone 8 so special? The iPhone 8 introduced new features that are now found on all subsequent iPhones, including true tone technology, improved cameras, and one of the most durable glass and aluminium designs ever created.
In this article, we'll look at why the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are still worth buying.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Introduced the most durable glass and aluminium design to date. With the addition of the glass back, wireless charging became possible.
- Available in variety of colours Red, Silver, Space Grey and Gold.
- While the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus share a similar appearance to the iPhone 7, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is 1mm large
- Water and dust resistant, which means it can with stand splashes, rain, and even a brief submersion in water.
- Improved Retina HD displays with True Tone, which adjusts the display's white balance to match ambient light for a more natural experience.
- A11 Fusion chip, running 70% faster than the iPhone 7, was introduced at the time as the most powerful and intelligent chip ever used in a smartphone.
- A 12-megapixel camera with a larger and faster sensor and a built-in colour filter for photos with vibrant, realistic colours and increased detail.
- 4K video with slo-mo for superior video capture and stabilisation.
- The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus both support twofold compression and storage, allowing for twice the amount of photos and videos.
- Both devices are supported by Apple, which means they will be capable of running the most recent version of iOS which ensures the same level of security as today's newest iPhones .
- 25% louder speakers with deeper bass (equal to the iPhone X).
- Touch ID on the home button.
- Increased battery life of up to 14 hours of video playback (which is better than the battery on the iPhone X)!
Key differences of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- The iPhone 8 Plus is available in only Silver, Space Grey and Gold
- The iPhone 8 Plus is nearly identical to the iPhone 8 however, the 8 Plus gives a more immersive experience due to its larger 5.5-inch screen and higher resolution.
- The Plus was optimised for the ultimate augmented reality experience. We've included some awesome augmented reality apps below!
Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated information.
- Added telephoto lens and improved optical zoom on the rear camera.
The difference between digital zoom vs optical zoom? To put it simply, optical zoom enables a camera to achieve a close-up of the subject without physically moving towards it. Digital zoom will crop the entire image and then digitally enlarge the viewfinder size.
- Includes portrait mode, enabling you to take dramatic images with studio lighting.
- Improved battery life by 1 hour.
Features of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Are you still wondering what made this 'new generation of iPhone' so impressive? Well, some cool features include the following:
- 4K video recording at a frame rate of up to 60 frames per second, as well as incredible slow-motion video at 240 frames per second in 1080p resolution.
- Integrated screen recording eliminates the need for third-party apps.
- The iPhone 8 was designed with augmented reality (AR) in mind. A brand-new way for people to interact with games, learn, and shop. It's also useful in everyday life: you can use AR to easily measure objects without using a tape measure or to discover new constellations in the sky.
Specifications of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
|iPhone 8||iPhone 8 Plus|
|4.7" Retina HD Display||5.5” Retina HD Display|
|12MP Wide Angle Lens|
7MP Front Camera
|12MP Telephoto & Wide Angle Lens|
7MP Front Camera
|5x Digital Zoom||2x Optical Zoom|
10x Digital Zoom
|A11 Fusion Chip||A11 Fusion Chip|
|13 Hours of Playback||14 Hours of Playback|
(1 metre for up to 30 minutes)
(1 metre for up to 30 minutes)
|Touch ID||Touch ID|
|Apple Pay||Apple Pay|
|iOS 15 compatible||iOS 15 compatible|
|Stereo Speakers||Stereo Speakers|
|Wireless Charging||Wireless Charging|
Which iPhone 8 should I buy?
You're probably wondering at this point whether to purchase the 8 or the 8 plus. This is largely a matter of personal taste and affordability. If you're looking for a low-cost, compact iPhone that performs all basic functions, the iPhone 8 is ideal! If you're looking for something with a little more oomph, the iPhone 8 Plus is larger, offers minor upgrades such as two cameras, optical zoom, and a one-hour battery boost.
You can still purchase the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus today in excellent refurbished condition for a significant discount. When you purchase a refurbished iPhone 8 or 8 Plus from Swycha, each of our handsets is unlocked, we’re also so confident in the quality of our iPhones that we offer a 21-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
Fun apps for your iPhone 8
|World Brush||Sky Guide||Fyter: AR Fitness Workouts||Overcast|
|World Brush is an AR experience where users can paint with brushes on the world around them. Every painting is anonymous and is saved at the approximate GPS location where it was created. Users have the ability to like, dislike and report paintings which hides the bad stuff and showcases the good.||Bring the beauty of the stars down to Earth. Hold Sky Guide® overhead to automatically identify any star, constellation, planet or satellite! Easy to use and powerful, it’s epic stargazing for any experience level.||With high-quality graphics and dynamic gameplay, All you have to do is feed your hero by moving it using your body. Complete levels and earn stars to unlock new, even cooler games, lose weight at home without sweating for hours, and improve mood in minutes.||A powerful, simple, award-winning podcast player. Featured by the App Store as Editor's Choice and critically acclaimed by The Verge, TechCrunch, 9to5Mac, AppAdvice, and more.|