Everything you need to know about the iPhone XS
The iPhone XS, which debuted with the iPhone XR in 2018, was advertised as the most sophisticated iPhone yet. The iPhone XS was built with a super retina display, a dual camera system and the A12 Bionic chip. So, let's fast forward to this year to see if the iPhone XS is still a good buy.
The iPhone XS
- A gorgeous 5.8-inch OLED display with an all-screen design that displays sharp, true colors.
- Comes in 3 colours: silver, space grey, gold.
- Scratch-resistant, durable glass that allows for faster wireless charging.
- Protect against ordinary spills such as coffee, tea, and soda with a new degree of splash and water resistance up to 2 meters for 30 minutes.
- The iPhone XS has a battery life of 30 minutes longer than the iPhone X.
- Immersive stereo playback.
- Dual optical image stabilization and 2x optical zoom are included in the 12-megapixel dual camera system, which also featured a new sensor that is twice as quick as previous models.
- The iPhone XS also included new innovative cameras, including smart HDR, more detailed shots, and advanced Bokeh effects, which were previously unavailable in an iPhone. (Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur created in out-of-focus regions of an image in photography.)
- A12 Bionic, which opened new gaming, photography, video editing, and graphics-intensive app experiences.
- Supports the most recent iOS, which includes a bunch of new features like focus mode as well as updates to safari, weather and the pictures app, among others. It is also compatible with AirPods and Apple watches.
- iPhone XS specifications
Features of the iPhone XS
The iPhone XS is an impressive handset which can handle a wide range of tasks, including:
- Activate True Tone to adapt the screen's white balance to match the colour temperature of the surrounding environment.
- The iPhone XS gives you the ability to edit depth of field within your images after you’ve taken the image.
- Introduced the screen time tool, which allows you to rapidly assess how you're using your device and take action based on that knowledge to maintain a good digital balance.
- On the camera capture screen, you can tap the 1x button to switch to a 2x optical zoom view.