You’ve purchased your handset and you’re about to go out into the big wide world with your new camera, apps and social media updates, but you’re not alone. We’ll stay by your side for the next 12-months, take a look at our warranty below to see how we will support you after-purchase.
Swycha 12-Month Warranty Ts & Cs
These are the terms and conditions on which we provide a warranty to you when you purchase your device from us, we refer to as the Swycha Warranty.
Please ensure you read these terms and conditions carefully so you know what is and is not covered under the Swycha Warranty. These terms and conditions should also be read together with our terms and conditions of sale.
What is covered by the Swycha Warranty?
We will be liable for defects according to consumers' statutory rights under the law in England and Wales (in summary that goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality) as standard.
As we want to make sure you are more than happy with your product, we go the extra mile and provide you with the Swycha Warranty (which is in addition to your statutory rights). The Swycha Warranty lasts for 12 months from the date you purchase a product from us. This means:
- We will repair the product if it does not work as expected any time for the duration of the Swycha Warranty (i.e. 12 months);
- If we are unable to repair the product we will provide you with a refund or suitable replacement;
- We will provide you with support if you need to make a claim under the Swycha Warranty; and
- We will provide assistance with troubleshooting your device.
The area of validity for the warranty is the country in which the product has been purchased.
What is not covered by the Swycha Warranty?
There are a few things that are not covered under the Swycha Warranty, the exclusions are set out below:
- Any physical damage to the product which did not exist when you received it. Including but not limited to, the screen breaking or cracking, damage caused by plugging the device into an unearthed outlet, if the device has been bent or suffered water damage or if we have reasonable grounds to believe that any features have been broken due to improper use (e.g. dropping the device, or not adequately packaging it when returning the product to us);
- Any software faults which did not exist when you received the product and if we have reasonable grounds to believe that software faults have been caused by your improper use of the product (e.g. not using firewall or anti-virus protection, visiting risky sites);
- Any issues caused by, or the removal of, viruses or other malware from a device;
- Any indirect or purely financial loss caused by the breakage of the device (e.g. destruction or loss of files and information stored on a device); or
- Any products that benefit from a manufacturer’s warranty will not be covered under the Swycha Warranty.
Any of the following acts will invalidate the Swycha Warranty and render it void:
- Physically opening the device or otherwise tampering with the device (unless instructed to do so by us);
- Removal of, or making, the phone’s serial number or IMEI illegible; or
- If a product has been repaired by you or another third party without our prior written consent.
We reserve the right to withdraw the Swycha Warranty at any time if we reasonably believe that a defect or fault with the product has been caused by you. In that case, we will not be liable to provide any repairs or replacements and we will not be obliged to issue a refund. This will include circumstances in which you have caused damage to the device by using the device contrary to the purpose for which it was supplied, by accidents such as dropping the device, or by any other actions that are not consistent with normal use of the product.
How to make a claim under the Swycha Warranty
If your product has a defect or fault covered by the Swycha Warranty please let us know as soon as possible by emailing us at: email@example.com or by calling us on: +44 (0)1534 520250
Once you let us know about the problem, we can advise you on the best way to proceed. The first step would normally be for us to advise you on how to troubleshoot the problem or on potential fixes. If this does not rectify the issue, we will ask you to return the product to us so we can investigate the issue further. We will then let you know the outcome. This may be any of the following:
- we may repair the product and return it to you;
- we may provide you with a replacement;
- we may issue you with a refund; or
- we may inform you that the problem is not covered by the Swycha Warranty and return the device to you.
What is the return procedure?
If we have advised you to send the product back to us for further investigation, you will need to ensure the product is safely packaged and clearly marked as ‘fragile’. This is to ensure no damage is caused during its journey to us. We will not be liable for any damage caused or loss during its return, and we therefore recommend that you consider obtaining insurance (if available) from the postal service or courier you chose to send the device back to us, which covers the value of the product.
Please return the product to our address:
Swycha c/o Ifulfilment,
Please ensure that you obtain and keep safe any tracking information or proof of postage so you have evidence of sending the device. If the product is lost during transit you will need to liaise directly with the postal service or courier you have used to return the item to us.
You will be responsible for the costs of sending the product back to us.
When you send the product you must make sure you have:
- backed up all your data and performed a factory-reset to remove personal data before sending it back to us;
- turned off data usage and tracking options on the device;
- removed your sim card; and
- removed all accessories (including screen protectors and phone cases).
What is the repair process?
If we believe we are able to repair the product we will let you know and provide you with timescales. In some cases we may not be able to give you an exact time frame as it may depend on the supply and availability of spare parts but we will always do our best to keep you updated and to complete the process within 30 days of receiving the product.
If it transpires that we aren’t able to repair your product we will issue you with a like for like replacement or provide you with a refund.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or the Swycha Warranty please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on: +44 (0)1534 520250.